X

Reverse Fender Elimination?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Fender Elimination?

When I bought my bike it all ready had a do it yourself fender elimination done to it. Here is a pic of what it looks like more or less right now.

My question/problem is during daylight riding no one can see my blinkers when following me. I want to add a bracket and side blinkers but not sure if what I am looking for even exists or can be done. Here is what I am thinking sorry for the second grade drawing but I think this shows what I am looking for….

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Creese Style Bracket <----Click

Comment

+1 on the Creese bracket.

Do a search for fender elimentaors there are a number of home made options. One person here just used angle brackets from Home Depot to mount the signals.

Comment

Sorry didn't think of doing a search on the boards for fender eliminator looks like this topic is well covered here. I cant see the creese bracket from work firewall is blocking ebay but I will check it out later and some home made options also.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
          +1 on the Creese bracket.

Do a search for fender elimentaors there are a number of home made options. One person here just used angle brackets from Home Depot to mount the signals.
          +1

That would prolly be the cheapest, easiest, and quickest!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

You'll have to do an ebay search for a different braket, though...I was browsing ebay first thing this morning cause I was sick of not riding (no rear turn signals and I have to have them to ride on base) and I found that exact link. Sorry 'bout that.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Re: Reverse Fender Elimination?

Originally posted by TAFNAP
              My question/problem is during daylight riding no one can see my blinkers when following me.
              Hat's off to you for noticing this .

Some guys get all excited about flush mounts and tiny LED signals but I think they fail to realize some times they are really cutting down on thier visibilty in traffic.

A crease bracket and a set of smaller turn signals would solve your problem.
              Kyle

Comment

Hat's off to you for noticing this.
                I am a new rider and I have enough to worry about in front me never mind what might be coming up behind me while I am turning.

Comment

consider some LED's too for your rear signals, that would increase your visibility dramatically combined with a new bracket. As long as your local area laws dont prohibit them of course.

Comment

get the integrated tail light with blinkers

Comment

there is plate frame with blikers bulit into it look at 58cycle.com i think thats were i saw it

Comment

I checked out the integrated tail light but they really don't have them for my 2001. Since I have the really pointy tail light I think that would still be a little hard to see. I want the cars to see my turn signals sticking out and blinking. I will leave the flush mounted ones on so I will have both. I will also check out the plate frame.

I love this site...just wish I had money to really do everything I would like.

Comment

Originally posted by fordfurious
                          get the integrated tail light with blinkers
                          As far as I knew, that wasn't available for the 98-02 kats.

The light is small enough as it is.

If he wants to really get into customizing the back of it, I'd recommend getting the 03-06 rear fairing and get an integrated taillight for that.

I hate how my tail light looks. It just sucks that the rear fairings usually go for $150 or so without a tail light, only the tail light bracket. Then there's paint, and then the regular expenses any time you even turn a bolt on your bike. lol.

Comment

you could always add LEDs to the license plate

Comment

Working...
                            X