X

My first mod with pics.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first mod with pics.

Did a partial tail chop tonight on my new bike. Man the stock shovel was gay. I will post pics in the AM. The dremal was great went clean through
    no problems.

here are the before, after and practice cut pics. The only thing that still sucks is I had to add that bracket to display my inspection sticker. Is there any where else to put it?

Its not really a shovel chop though till you have peices of motel plastic hitting you in the face.

Just figured I would let you know.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thats the first thing that i did to mine too. looks a lot better. Taking your time with the dremel and using 120 sandpaper with a block made a huge difference The plastic that flies off is the temperature of the sun so wear saftey glasses! 8)
      Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

my hack saw worked fast and i didnt have hot platic flying at me i just cleaned it up with a file and sand paper

Comment

I added some pics, I think it came out pretty good.

Comment

Re: My first mod with pics.

Originally posted by Colt
            The only thing that still sucks is I had to add that bracket to display my inspection sticker. Is there any where else to put it?
            Here in NC, all the local shops put them on the front left fork. On the GF's Kat, they put it at the bottom so it still shows (and looks ugly), but for some reason they semi-hid mine at the top of the left fork, kind of hidden in the gaping hole where the forks travel thru.

I never liked the bracket that displays the sticker on the back - is there some sort of law that requires where the sticker is displayed?
            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Re: My first mod with pics.

Originally posted by Teh_K
              Originally posted by Colt
              The only thing that still sucks is I had to add that bracket to display my inspection sticker. Is there any where else to put it?
              Here in NC, all the local shops put them on the front left fork. On the GF's Kat, they put it at the bottom so it still shows (and looks ugly), but for some reason they semi-hid mine at the top of the left fork, kind of hidden in the gaping hole where the forks travel thru.

I never liked the bracket that displays the sticker on the back - is there some sort of law that requires where the sticker is displayed?
              I'm not sure about the law in Texas. Maybe somebody on the board here knows. But it does suck and I would like to move it.

Comment

im in texas and you need that inspection sticker. looks better than it did but you need to get the led integrated tail light with blinker so you can chop that whole thing off.

Comment

here is a pic of mine chopped

not the best pic

Comment

by the way, i like your bike. i have the exact one

Comment

Re: here is a pic of mine chopped

Originally posted by fordfurious
                      not the best pic
                      Your bike looks good, do they ever give you a hard time during inspection
                      for not having a fender?

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                        my hack saw worked fast and i didnt have hot platic flying at me i just cleaned it up with a file and sand paper
                        That is cheating. The rules specifically state you MUST have hot plastic shrapnal hit you in the face, or it really isn't a mod.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nice!

I think i will start this mod thing rolling soon. I will be ordering a Yoshi pipe, windscreen and a intergrated led tail light to get rid of the rest of my fender.

Looks good man.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            That is cheating. The rules specifically state you MUST have hot plastic shrapnal hit you in the face, or it really isn't a mod.
                            Unless you are cutting metal...then it is hot metal bits hitting you in the face and at least 4 strings of profanity...don't for get the profanity or it is not a mod...
                            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                              Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Unless you are cutting metal...then it is hot metal bits hitting you in the face and at least 4 strings of profanity...don't for get the profanity or it is not a mod...
                              Good point Jax... I almost forgot about that one....
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X