X

OEM Clear Turn Signals vs. Clear Alternatives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Clear Turn Signals vs. Clear Alternatives

3 weeks ago, I decided to replace my scratched yellow front turn signals with a set of clear ones. After searching the forum for advice, I purchased a set of clear alternatives signals from an internet supplier.

When I received them in the mail, I took the old ones out, opened the box to install the new ones and was shocked at the shoddyness of the product. They were slapped together, carelessly trimmed and chinsy. They were not going on my bike, so I sent them back.

I knew the '06 comes with clear sigs, so I called my local stealerships. 2 claimed they couldnt get any '06 parts yet, but the 3rd one said they could order them. $35 ea.

So, 3 days later, for $80 (The cost of the CA signals w/shipping) I have 2 perfect OEM signals that dont appear to be assembled by a horsewhipped 6 yr old in china.

BUY OEM. YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID.

check them out in the link keep clicking next to see them on the bike http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shawnd...e2.jpg&.src=ph

The old signals are for sale if anyone is interested. One is scratched and the other has a slight crack, but not through. no moisture gets inside. Theycan be seen in the link.

Now I've heard the complete opposite from other folks. Maybe you got a couple from a crap batch.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

The CA ones I got: J U N K.

Comment

Maybe the vendor you got them from was selling cheep factory seconds. I would have went through C/A to get them.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I purchased the CA turns and the rear and mine were like new. maybe shipping or a sleepy employee made yours .
          "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

I asked the guy about that.

He claims they were not seconds. It doesen't matter, I couldn't be happier with the OEM clears.

I do need to find some of those chrome bulbs though.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
              I do need to find some of those chrome bulbs though.

Any ideas?
              not sure have never used crome bulbs.
              "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

www.clearalternatives.com They sell chrome bulbs. You can also do a search for chrome bulbs at google, I'm sure.
                -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

hmmm... my set of CA front turn signals are great, they were cheaper, and they came with the chrome bulbs.

i think you just got a bad set.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                    hmmm... my set of CA front turn signals are great, they were cheaper, and they came with the chrome bulbs.

+1

I was very happy with the smoked fronts I purchased.

Comment

hate that you had a bad experience with them, mine are great, built as well as the OEM ones i took off.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by skasner

+2

Comment

Where did you end up buying them from? If it wasn't CA, yet they are claimed to be CA, I'd think about letting CA know that they've got someone using their name to sell crap merchandise.
                          -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

They were drop shipped from clear alternatives. Had their address on the box and everything. I called them and they said to send them back and they'd replace. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing what seems to be such a beloved vendor, I just expect the best signals for my $80. And BTW, I researched these well. I don't know where anyone found CA front turns for less than $75 with shipping.

Comment

Got mine from Ron Ayers...

$68.13 (shipping included)
                              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                              X