X

GEL GRIPS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEL GRIPS

I would like to get some softer grips and was wondering what everyone recommends.

are gel grips really worth it or just stay with stock ???

progrips i love them

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
      progrips i love them
      +1 .. Excellent grips, easy to install, look cool and feel even better.

Comment

i have some grips not sure, they are gel with faux carbon and spiders on them. they feel nice but they have 2 ridges along one side, im assuming to help your finger tips grip. well after a few months those ridges tore a hole through the finger of my joe rocket gloves ; \ . i ended up using a dab of shoe goo to smoth the ridge over.
        03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
          progrips i love them
          How about a source and price guys?
          My cheap ebay grips are splitting and actually peeling

Comment

$ 12-16 local suzuki dealer they even had them in blue

Comment

and $1 for some glue

Comment

I've tried a bunch of different grips on the Kat, but keep coming back to the stock ones, which are a dual-density polymer gel basis (at least on the 98+ Kats). Naturally, like all grips, they get harder over time (like all things with VOC's evaporating out of them), so you really should replace them every five years or so if you want them to suck up the vibes reasonably.

PS - anybody going to mention the throttle lip to him?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

what about it?

Comment

ya my buddy changed the grips on his 600 but he didnt know about the lip on the throtle for the stock grips so he just put them on as far as he could and said o well good enough, but couldnt i use my dremel and take that lip off ???

Comment

what about it?
                      It makes it a PIA to install the right-hand grip - it's hard to slide a grip over the throttle because it has a couple lips that stick out.

Originally posted by evil-eye
                      ya my buddy changed the grips on his 600 but he didnt know about the lip on the throtle for the stock grips so he just put them on as far as he could and said o well good enough, but couldnt i use my dremel and take that lip off ???
                      Yep, you could - or use a file

This may be of interest: How to replace your grips
                      "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

The OEM grips come with the right grip already mounted on a fresh throttle sleeve, so it's a non-issue with them. But cutting away the lip is usually necessary for all aftermarket grips.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                          Originally posted by WildKat
                          progrips i love them
                          How about a source and price guys?
                          My cheap ebay grips are splitting and actually peeling

Laura at speedwerks can take care of you and make sure you get the right ones that you want, and shipped out fast. These though can be found virtually anywhere else too.

Comment

I have a set of still-new-in-package SpiderGrips here you can have for $16 delivered. I also have a set of those grips shown above in blue-under-black that anyone can have for $10 delivered.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i didnt have any problems with my grips and the lips? slid right on???

Comment

Working...
                              X