X

Pre 98 Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 Exhaust

Does anybody know what the cheapest route of getting some more growl out my exhaust???? It is just dual stock now and sounds like a kitten.

When i bought my bike from the 2nd owner he said the first owner drilled holes in the ends of the cans (3 holes per one) to make it louder. I dont not know if this worked or not because i dont know what a stock cat sounds like.
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I just punched out the baffle on my stock exhaust. Just get a rebar or pipe with a pointed end and hammer it through. Don't cost anything sound better and aint too loud and also gives it a bit more power...

Comment

convert it to 4 into 1 with aftermarket header and get a vance and hines. thats how mine is set up now and its loud...not D&D loud but it turns heads and hurts my ears on the highway

Comment

Hmmm... there's something about "...hurts my ears on the highway..." that doesn't quite sell it to me

Comment

before i bought my vance and hines full system, i used a 5/16 drill bit and drilled 8 holes in the end of each can.....took about 5 minutes and actually sounded really good!!! very easy way to get some growl.....
            you must want to win MORE than you are afraid to lose

Comment

I have a D&D slipon exhuast i really dont think its as loud as everyone says it is. I mean its nisy but not extremly loud
              with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a cheap aftermarket exhaust for the kat.

Comment

ebay
                  with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

u did what ????

Originally posted by PR4MR
                    I just punched out the baffle on my stock exhaust. Just get a rebar or pipe with a pointed end and hammer it through. Don't cost anything sound better and aint too loud and also gives it a bit more power...
                    any pics ???

Comment

???

Originally posted by macgyver
                      convert it to 4 into 1 with aftermarket header and get a vance and hines. thats how mine is set up now and its loud...not D&D loud but it turns heads and hurts my ears on the highway
                      i like the sound of the d&d better my buddy has a v&h slipon on his kat 600 and it makes it sound less powerfull like a 250 or something

Comment

Not to bring up a dead thread, but has anyone tried this (drill the end's of the can's), and is it ok to do? This seems a bit on the iffy side. Also, I assume you drill outside the inside diameter (I haven't looked, just guessing).

Thanks in advance

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

My exhaust is drilled out. If you would like to swap send me a PM. I live in Wisconsin by Madison, so the shipping shouldn't be that bad. btw I have a 2001 600.
                          Bling....

Comment

Anyone have pics on where I should drill it and how many holes and how big I should drill the holes? Thanks.
                            96 Katana 600
                            97 4 door Blazer LT
                            03 Honda Pilot EXL
                            sigpic

Comment

Actually , I went form a full yosh system back to stock for another reason . I've found that I prefer the stock tone and lack of volume over the Yosh . I'll put the Yosh back on one day when I can get it blasted and paint it , though . I'd be a fool not to use a full system I don't have to pay for and gain a bit more power in the bargain.
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X