X

Tinting the front headlight lense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting the front headlight lense

I've been thinking of using a light tint to darken the lense a little. My bike is black and I think the front headlights stand out a bit too much. (I know this is the design, but still). Has anybody else tried this? any suggestions on what % tint I should try.

You can get headlight covers in various colors. katgirls kat had one on.

I'd be really careful about how dark you go with the tint, especially if you are running the stock bulbs in your headlight. Bikes can use all the illumination we can get so the more you cover it up the less off you are from a visibility standpoint for yourself and others to see you.

Comment

Yeah. I was worried about that too. I've looked at getting some Xenon lights, I'm suspicious that these will work (because they're so cheap). Maybe one of you guys can shed some light onto it. (no pun indended)

I took a look at some of those kits on ebay to tint the headlight lense. They look rather dark, I think a light automotive tint should be safe. If it's not, I'll just remove it. I'd rather be safe than cool. (as my mis-matched jacket/helmet/gloves scream out already)

Comment

i have the headlight mesh in yellow... it comes with a million small holes to let the light through, but when looking at it it's the same color as the bike. i feel that it does reduce night time light but it looks cool. i would not tint try the headlight mesh from chapparral..
        ddsis
        "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

Do they make them in smoke color?

Comment

i think the newer Kats have a black background in the headlight, maybe an 03 or 04?

Comment

I'll have to start scouring ebay for a headlight. Chances are they're pretty pricey though. I'm fighting the urge to buy a newer style rear fairing already. Are there any good places to get OEM parts for a decent price?

Comment

You can buy this clear plastic cover and spray tint the back for day time use.

Bike is sold

Comment

Here's mine before I decided to go clear:
                  Bike is sold

Comment

Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Fast Eddie

Comment

Fast Eddie

Comment

I like that look!
                          Fast Eddie

Comment

Working...
                          X