X

Brighter Headlights for '02 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighter Headlights for '02 Kat

Can anyone please tell me what the best headlight would be to replace my stock headlights on my '02 Kat? I've searched and found info for pre-98, but nothing later. Can you also tell me what wattage bulb I need please? I'm looking for my damn manual now Sorry for the stupid question, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

I just put in a pair of APC. Xenon blue H4 headlamps.
    55/60 wattage

$19.79 for the pair @ NAPA

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Thanks very much. I know if you like 'em they gotta be good
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

as always, i have to put in a reccomendation for Sylvania Silverstars, probably $35-40 a pair but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan
          as always, i have to put in a reccomendation for Sylvania Silverstars, probably $35-40 a pair but well worth it.
          Yep, those are the best, IMO. Never heard a bad review on them.

Comment

Definately the Sylvania SIlverstars 55/60 for your wattage.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan
                +1 on that. Any auto parts store or wally world (walmart).

You may also want to read my webpage on what it will take to be able to run significantly stronger bulbs (say 130/100 watt rally bulbs) in your headlights:
                CyberPoet's Guide to Motorcycle Lighting and Upgrades

Other thoughts:
                You can add additional lights as well, such as fork-mounted driving beams. I'm working on carrying true HID-based self-contained driving lights of this type for fork mounting.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Another vote for Silver Stars!

P.S. NEVER buy APC anything!
                  -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

Hey Cyber, do you think the PIAA 55/110 bulbs are gonna create problems for me? I don't wanna fry anything!
                    FrankenKat 1216
                    GS Fiter 816
                    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                      Hey Cyber, do you think the PIAA 55/110 bulbs are gonna create problems for me?
                      Yup.
                      In high-beam mode, they will draw almost double what the wiring is rated for, which will either cause you to start blowing fuses (no headlights -- sucks if it happens at night) or cause the wiring to the headlights to fry (ask Sin about his electrical fire from this same thing).

The only way to safely keep them is to run fresh wiring to upgrade the existing wires all the way through the system, or to run new, thicker wires slaved into a relay.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

speaking of lights.. what type of bulb do you guys use in the 'third eye' light?? I have searched and found led mods etc... I just want to pop one in that matches the silverstars somewhat... I was thinking about just removing the bulb.

Comment

Working...
                        X