X

anybody able to move their license plate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody able to move their license plate

I was wanting to move my license plate due to chopping off the back fender piece. Can it be placed on the lower swingarm without a bracket, or is there a place where i can purchase a bracket. Also what flush mount turn signals should i use .
    :::''''lll;'';

I don't know about the swing arm, a guy at my work has a gsxr he did that to and he covers it up when he goes through ez pass. But there are a lot of things to do for the bracket, do a search here. I recently replaced my bracket that broke with croner braces for 3 bucks @ homedepot.

Rear signals?? they make integrated ones with the tail light.

2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

I just used 2 L brakets and mounted under the tale where there was to open holes, the brackets are spread out a bit but it looks decent. i also mounted the brackets so that i could keep the licence plate lightin its original spot
      "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

This is a nice option:

Comment

Please don't put it on the swingarm!

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
            Can I ask why not?
            My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn

That's the one i had and it broke because of the weight of the turn sig.
              2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonyquest97
                Originally posted by tzortn

That's the one i had and it broke because of the weight of the turn sig.
                That is interesting. I have one of these brackets and it seems pretty stout. how long did you have yours on?

Comment

ooops. just put mine on the swing arm during my lunch break(got bored). if its unsafe then i can put it back, BUT it looks a lil better now. All I need is some good stick-on, easy to install, flushmount turn signal. pics here.
                  Attached Files

Comment

better view....
                    Attached Files

Comment

my tail now looks like this... need some advice on what step to do next. new to all this mod'n stuff but brave enuf to try anything.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by goose491
                        Originally posted by AHF
                        Can I ask why not?
                        It's just a personal preference. I think it looks so stupid. I also hate it when they stick the license plate up in front of the tire in the fenderwell.

Comment

License Plate on swing arm?

Hmm.......Gay....or....SUPER GAY ?? That is the question.
                          I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

you need to trim that braket and just get a ca taillight and cut off the plastic

Comment

Originally posted by shefkat2000
                              Originally posted by AHF
                              Originally posted by goose491
                              Originally posted by AHF
                              Can I ask why not?
                              It's just a personal preference. I think it looks so stupid. I also hate it when they stick the license plate up in front of the tire in the fenderwell.
                              Is it just preference or what? Why do you dislike it so? Functionality or just plain gay looking?
                              I don't know, I just think it looks gay. I'm not judging anyone, please don't get me wrong. Turning the plate to the side should actually be illegal IMHO....on choppers, cruisers, and sportbikes. It's harder for the police to read them, and I think they should be able to ticket you for it. But, all in all I think it just disrupts the symmetry of the bike. Nice and centered, no shovel, short stalks (or integrated) makes for a nice clean look for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X