Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

My new custom design fender elim. bracket.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new custom design fender elim. bracket.

Well it took alittle longer than expected mainly due to trying find some decent steel to work with and not being able to find any aluminum around that was of any decent quality at all..but my FIL and I finished up my bracket and all we need to do yet is prime/paint it. I definately like it, and its pretty unique. We finished up polishing it tonite and even though you cant tell too well from the camera phone pics, it turned out pretty cool and Im definately happy with it.

It flows with the bike very nicely, and we cut out the rounded part to have a nice clean fit to follow the lines under the tail perfectly. We cut out the edges to form a more uniform shape and a unique look that when you put it up against the bike, it definately looks cool. We shaped it as such so all the wires for the signals are hidden and drilled a hole also for the license plate light to fit down in behind so you cant see the bulb but still get decent illumination on the plate it self.

yeah yeah, show it to me on the bike!!! looks nice though.

Long Live the D

Comment

The only part of it you'll actually see when its on the bike is of course the signal brackets...uness you look underneath of course but yeah I shoud have it on by this weekend.

Comment

Looks like it will work great..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

looks kinda like the compwerkes setup. nice job.
          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Now that I think about this too, it wouldnt be difficult to do an LED setup under the bracket as well where the plate bulb is currently.. hhmm, decisions decisions

Comment

You can get an LED illiminator from targa. http://www.targa-acc.com/main_powersearch_nf.html and look under license light.

Now, where are the detailed plans or a "Buy Now" button?
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Detailed plans are a secret Really though these could be made for others if you want one now that we have a design and a set way to do it layed out. There's tons of options out there for brackets in all types of price ranges but if someone really wants a unit like this, just drop me a PM

Comment

I see you had the egg timer out.... so how long did it take you?

Comment

Actually its a lemon, not an egg

How long did it take start to finish to make ? Well its hard to say really because I didnt work on it every day and it took me quite awhile to find some decent material to work with. But now that I have a spot to aquire some if/when I need it in the future, I would imagine we could complete a bracket in 2 weeks start to finish... only reason its not sooner is I can't get with my FIL to work on it every day. He can only help me in his spare time and when we can get access to the machine to cut it out..and he has to get the material from his work which sometimes takes a few days.

Comment

hhhmmm, note to self... WildKat kickplates and a katriders.com chain guard may be in order next

Comment

Working...
                      X