Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

need help???????removing plastic around gauges.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help???????removing plastic around gauges.

I have had my seats and chain gaurd covered in ostrich material and want to cover the plastic dash around the gauges. I have never taken the fairings off but see that its only a few screws holding the dash plastic in place. Can anyone give me the easiest way to remove this piece without tearing anything up.
    :::''''lll;'';

WTF? Ostrich... like feathers? Or just that bumpy skin like on chicken wings? My bike is trimmed out with chinchilla fur - it's so tight.

OK, sorry. Just jokin'. And, unfortunately, my smart ass does not even have an answer to your question. Good luck though.

And hey, if you ever want someone to cook up some buffalo ostrich wings, I am your man!
    Press the attack!

Comment

to get the dash or bezel off on the pre98s (i don't reall know on the 98+) you have to take off the wind screen, take out the bulbs for the turn signals (they twist out), unplug all gauges, unbolt them, and take them out. then you unbolt the dash and just pull it out. then you can do whatever you like to it. i'm sure it's somewhat similar for the 98+. just know that i had a hellllll of a time putting the dash back on. with the headlight housing there's very limited space.

ostrich material huh?

Long Live the D

Comment

98+:

To get the instrument surround out totally:

Remove lower fairing
        Remove mirrors
        Remove upper fairing
        Remove windsheild.
        Find rear of dash above headlights and unplug the connector (20 pin-common connector).
        Locate the nuts holding the instrument cluster in. Unscrew
        Push the instrument cluster forward by the bolts that you removed the nuts from...
        Now locate the two snap connectors for the instrument surround (one on each rear-most corner of the instrument surround). Pop 'em off, just like you would with any other snap connector on the bike.
        In the front there should be a couple bolts holding the instrument surround. Unbolt.
        Now gently lift the instrument surround away.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X