Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

EL Wire...do they make a UV version of this product?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL Wire...do they make a UV version of this product?

I've been looking around for EL Wire for a project I'm doing and wanted to know if anyone has seen a UV version...I've checked with ebay and seen purple, pink, blue, green, white, and orange but no UV...the purple is close but I really need the UV (black light) reflective properties for this project...anyone know?
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

never seen it what are you using it for? it gets dimmer the more you use it kinda wears out

Comment

Oh well if that's the case then not going to work...was going to replace the dash lights with EL wire..guess back tot he drawing board..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

try varad.com the sell sheets of stuff that lights up

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
          Oh well if that's the case then not going to work...was going to replace the dash lights with EL wire..guess back tot he drawing board..
          Thats a real good idea!!!

I have a whole bunch sitting in my house here, both Blue and Green. Maybe I should try putting some in the dash houseing!!! That would look sweet. Wonder if it would help the needle light up at night with the white face backgrounds then.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

There was someone here in a previous post a long time ago that said it looks just like the illumiglo type gauges..So green or blue would work great...I know this is probably a stupid question..Lou why do you have a bunch of this stuff??

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
              There was someone here in a previous post a long time ago that said it looks just like the illumiglo type gauges..So green or blue would work great...I know this is probably a stupid question..Lou why do you have a bunch of this stuff??
              I bought a case of them at some dealer thing I went to a while back, and was selling them on ebay, but after I moved, I never changed my pay pal account, and closed my old bank account, so I haven't been selling anything lately on ebay.

Think I have 5 blue and 6 green left, but I may play with the blue a bit, and see what it would look like in my dash.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Good idea..is the stuff easy to use? Do you need some type of converter/attachment for it? I've seen the stuff but never really played with it.

Comment

I have yet to install it on anything, but the kit does come with everything you need except for the on/off button if I remember right. It has a converter, tubing, doublesided tape to attach it. Actually, maybe it did have a switch. I can't remember. I can look when I get home, I think I know where I packed them away too. I may try installing some in my dash as well. Not sure if the needle would get in the way, but I suppose you could always trim the needle down a bit if it did.

Wonder how it would look inside the headlight housing.... or if that is even possible..

hmmmm........

Getting some ideas......
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

The way the person was explaining it Lou is that you would take apart the gauges and put in white faces....then behind the white face is where the EL wire would go...it would emit the light upward through the face..This way it wouldn't bother the needle at all..

Comment

the wire is very flexable and would well i dont think it would show though any gauge faces tho like i said before varad make something thats like a paper that you can print on and it lights up

Comment

Working...
                      X