X

Tire Size???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Size???

hey guys and gals one quick question, what is the biggest tire size u can put on the rear of a stock 95' 750 kat...150....160...170... not to sure my self, but i'm looking into buying new tires...thnx
    The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

The biggest standard tire you can safely put on it is a 150/70ZR17, unless you can find a vendor selling a wider radial tire specifically for a narrow mount rear wheel (I think Avon/Cooper used to carry a 170 that would fit it; don't know if they still do).

KNOW THIS:
    The arc face (edge to edge across the surface) is 190.5mm on a brand new 150/70ZR17 Metzeler Z6 mounted on a 98+ rear rim, and the sidewall height is 69mm (of which about 50mm shows), so that would actually make this tire effectively a 190/37ZR17.
    Now try to reconcile that with the fact that it's labeled a 150/70ZR17

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Forget all that.

Get a custom swingarm and wide rim, and put a 280 on that bad boy!!!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

He's not looking at a cruiser like you are Lou

Comment

Weird. I could sware i have a 170 on the ass of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by sonny
            You may. the 98+ rims are able to squeeze on on there (with certain brands of tires anyway). I oringally had one on my bike when I bought it. Went down to a 160 though when I got new rubber.

And you don't need a cruiser for that tire size!! I have seen one on a R!, a Busa, and soon a KAT!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              Originally posted by sonny
              You may. the 98+ rims are able to squeeze on on there (with certain brands of tires anyway). I oringally had one on my bike when I bought it. Went down to a 160 though when I got new rubber.

And you don't need a cruiser for that tire size!! I have seen one on a R!, a Busa, and soon a KAT!!!
              Wasnt there someone on here who has a 170 on the rear of their pre 98

and yes I know, I just like messing w/ you as you consider turning to the dark side...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                KNOW THIS:
                The arc face (edge to edge across the surface) is 190.5mm on a brand new 150/70ZR17 Metzeler Z6 mounted on a 98+ rear rim, and the sidewall height is 69mm (of which about 50mm shows), so that would actually make this tire effectively a 190/37ZR17.
                Now try to reconcile that with the fact that it's labeled a 150/70ZR17

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                That's easy to reconcile...your looking at the wrong dimensions.

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                  That's easy to reconcile...your looking at the wrong dimensions.
                  That would make it a 159/61ZR17 in reality when mounted on a 98+ Kat rim.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a 93 600. And im almost 100% its a 170!

I'll check after i shovel out from a foot of snow..

-from weather.com

"Snow...heavy at times. High 28F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph. Additional snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches. Total storm accumulations 16-24 inches."

Comment

I mis-read, its a 150/70/ZR17

Comment

thanx for the info guys
                        The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X