X

Tank Protectors...Magnet or Sticker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Protectors...Magnet or Sticker?

Where is the best supplier of these? What is the best do use?

JCoria

I have a ProGrip stick on protector. It has held up ok. I think that I am going to have to replace it this year. I am thinking about just a clear piece of vinyl.

Comment

Suzuki Leather Tank Protector (Bra)

Thats what I like
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Thats what I like
        I personally prefer whats IN the bras themselves Lou......oh wait we're talking about bikes?
        Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
        fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
        fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
        girls = yammah
        yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

use rivets!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Thats what I like
            on an actual motorcycle releated note , yeah I prefer the tank bra's over the tank pads or adhesive style as well. I think it looks better and definately holds up longer, and the protection factor is enough for me to keep on using it.

Comment

I like the small tank bras with the katana logo in them but dislike the ones that cover half the tank.

Comment

lol

Comment

I've never been a fan of bra's always hiding the goodies.

I bought a carbon tank pad off ebay. I think I should have cleaned off the tank more with alcohol before putting it on cause the ends are coming un-stuck. I just added some double sided foam tape and it works fine.

Comment

back on topic guys. I am trying to decide between these two as well. I dont want to hide half of my tank, I just want to protect it from my jacket zipper. Which is better? magnet or sticker?
                    Roops Photography|facebook|
                    03 GSXR 1000
                    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Sticker..........a magnet (if they even make them) will move around a bit therefore scratching your tank. You want one that's going to be permanent (or until you want to take a heat gun or hairdrier to it for removal)

Comment

Whats the life span of the sticker tank protectors? How often do you have to get a new one? Are there and cheapie ones that I should avoid or things to look out for when buying them?
                        Roops Photography|facebook|
                        03 GSXR 1000
                        04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                        Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Depending on how much you lean on your tank, the tank pads will last for awhile. Get the pad from ProGrip. They make the best quality ones.

Comment

I have used a magnetic (carbon fiber look) with no issues since I placed it on 4 years ago...ordered it out of Denniskirk.

Comment

I have a tank bra type and love it but my buddy uses the sticker type and he has had no issues with it. He just cleaned the area really well before he put it on. The only thing I saw was that if he was riding a little more aggressive it didn't always protect everywhere when he was leaning and turning. Most people would not act like a nut though and it wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X