X

Front rim swap question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front rim swap question

Hey all, I have a 91 GSXR750 fork, triple, axle, et al ready to go on my 95 600. I'd like to know it the Kat rim is a direct swap or not? If not, what will work besides a GSXR rim, which appear to be quite near and dear to people, judging by the prices? thanks, mk

I'm thinking gsxr is what you need

Comment

Re: Front rim swap question

Originally posted by mkkat
      Hey all, I have a 91 GSXR750 fork, triple, axle, et al ready to go on my 95 600. I'd like to know it the Kat rim is a direct swap or not? If not, what will work besides a GSXR rim, which appear to be quite near and dear to people, judging by the prices? thanks, mk
      That's is my ultimate favorite mod.
      I'm 99 % sure you need a Gixxer wheel from that era.

Just out of curiosity, how much moola did you pay for that..... if you don't mind sharing. No problem if you 'd rather not say. I'm just trying to get a feel of what I'd pay for one if I came up.
      "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

does this rim take a larger front axle than the kat? Is there anyway to drill out the Kat forks and put a larger axle in them. The reason i'm asking is I have already bent two front axles. How I really do not know. I'm not big on wheelieing or anything like that. I do the occassional small wheelie on take off but no large nothing. Anyway Just curious on the issue. Thanks ~Heath

Comment

Re: Front rim swap question

Originally posted by BobKat2002
          Originally posted by mkkat
          That's is my ultimate favorite mod.
          I'm 99 % sure you need a Gixxer wheel from that era.

Just out of curiosity, how much moola did you pay for that..... if you don't mind sharing. No problem if you 'd rather not say. I'm just trying to get a feel of what I'd pay for one if I came up.
          Dont' mind at all. I paid $91 plus shipping on ebay. That was for the forks, upper and lower triples with stem, axle, and clip ons.

Comment

Working...
          X