Pre 98 Rims On a 98+ Bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 Rims On a 98+ Bike

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there are any issues with putting on a set of pre 98 rims on a '04 Katana. Will I need new discs? What other rims can fit a 98+ bike?
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

But the pre 98 rims are smaller?
    Why would you want to put them on?

Comment

Can I have your post 98 rims?

Comment

I was under the impression they were approximately the same size. Since that is not the case then I won't put them on. However, are there any other compatible bike rims?
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          Can I have your post 98 rims?
          Well, I was planning to keep them and perhaps have them polished. However, since you asked nicely...the answer is no.

Comment

What are you looking to do ?
            change the look?
            Have one set with snow tires?

Comment

Yes, I wanted to get another set and either get them chromed, polished or powder coated. It's not a necessary procedure but I do want to doll up the bike a little. I didn't want to do anything to modify my current set of rims. Any suggestions?

Comment

rims hit ebay at low prices..
                Some steals have been reported here..
                I understand your idea..
                I'd like to do the same with a swing arm..

Comment

I will sell you my Pre 98+ Rim in GREAT shape for 50 bucks for BOTH not including shipping, and this includes a GREAT rear rotors

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                    I will sell you my Pre 98+ Rim in GREAT shape for 50 bucks for BOTH not including shipping, and this includes a GREAT rear rotors
                    I appreciate the offer, however, it seems the Pre 98+ rims are not the same size and won't be suitable.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X