X

SV Rims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV Rims

anyone know the dimesions on stock SV rims, I'm trying to do some research and find out for sure if aftermarket SV rims would be a direct swap like the stockers would. Common sense says yes but sometimes manufacturers like to throw you a curveball so I'm going to do some research and find out for sure.
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

The front is a 3.5x17 and the rear is a 4.5x17 Just like the 98+ kat wheels.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Nothing has to be changed to swap them over correct?

girls = yammah

Comment

That I am not sure of. I think they use the same bearings but 100% sure. I can look up the part numbers at work and let you know. I will pm you my cell number.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

As far as I know the only thing different is that the speedo pickup is on the front wheel on the SV.

Comment

I'm looking into this because I want to find out for sure if aftermarket lighter weight rims that are made for SV's can be used for a Kat without any serious modification.

Good aftermarket rims may be somewhat expensive but I think for someone looking to be a little different without going to the Frankenkat extremes (not that there is anything wrong with that) it would be nice knowing you have that option plus I've never seen anyone that makes lighter weight rims for any body style of Kat.

So if aftermarket SV rims are a direct swap it will give some guys who are willing to spend the money a nice alternative other than just changing the color or chroming/polishing their stock rims. I know I'd be one of those people even though in my immediate area Kats are rare to begin with. Might as well make it even more unique.

girls = yammah

Comment

stock SV rims and stock 98+ Kat rims are the exact same rim

Comment

so then by that logic an aftermarket SV rim would be a direct swap, correct?

girls = yammah

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                  Only one way to find out.
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                    I imagine so, but I'd ask sinfulkat for sure....the stock rims of the SV and Kat are identical and have the same id numbers BUT obviously the cush, spacer, and bearings may be different...but I have really no clue

Comment

Sorry for being a newb, but what bike does SV stand for?

Comment

Suzuki SV650 (s) and not all the models have the same rim...so check on that before you buy a SV rim

Comment

While I am not to sure what "SV" stands for (I am guessing "Suzuki V-Twin" But this is the bike we are talking about

Comment

You guys recognize those rims

Comment

Oh I do, they are on my bike...along with a busa rear disk.......

Comment

Working...
                              X