X

Pilot powers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot powers

I hadmineput ontoday 120/70/17 front 160/60/17 rear.Rode 75 mile after getting man they handle great it was like riding a new bike.I rode thru the National forest about 10 miles of curves so much easier.If you want a stick tire here they are. The guys at the shop say they are getting good millage on them.
    1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Ive never heard a bad word about pilots. Best tire you can get IMO..and pretty affordable overall considering the quality tire it is. I love mine as well! Congrats on the rubber, just be careful as you scrub them in as new tires take some getting used too.

Comment

Great tire. Stick like glue and wear pretty well. Mine have ~1200 street miles and 2 track days on them and I've still got at least half the tread left.
      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

That's good you got 2 track days on them I talk to a guy on a 600RR he said he's put 4000 miles and 4 track days and several dino runs on his.
        1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

Some offtopic.
          But has anybody ever tried to use 120 size tires on an old Katana (GR72A) ?
          Does it fit on the rim ?

GSX 750F "sleeper" Powered by 1100 katana.

Comment

120/70? That's what I have on mine (Diablo Stradas) . Works just fine .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

what if the tyre fails ? Wouldn`t it get stuck between the fork or fender ?

GSX 750F "sleeper" Powered by 1100 katana.

Comment

I ran 120/60's on my old '93 Kat. No problems.

Comment

Got caught in a torrential downpour in 38 degree weather tonite on the way home.. the pilots inspire nothing but confidence no matter what the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                    Got caught in a torrential downpour in 38 degree weather tonite on the way home.. the pilots inspire nothing but confidence no matter what the conditions.
                    Were you knee-down?

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

tire size

my 94 katana uses a 110-80-17 front and a 140-80-17 rear,can i go to fatter tires? in the pilots? will it handle better?

Comment

just one thing about the powers... they wear really evenly across the rear, and so if you ride a lot of freeway miles, the rear squares off (about 2000 miles)... i love how much they stick, but they are essentially racing tires for the street and they don't like be ridden all the time in a straight line...

Comment

Has anyone used the Power race tires yet? I have no idea what to do for next year....with 150HP on tap, I don't exactly want to keep running my Metz Z6's!

I was thinking about perhaps trying the dual-compound "medium" or "medium soft" tires just for kicks...see how they fare, how long they last, etc....
                          FrankenKat 1216
                          GS Fiter 816
                          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                            Has anyone used the Power race tires yet? I have no idea what to do for next year....with 150HP on tap, I don't exactly want to keep running my Metz Z6's!

I was thinking about perhaps trying the dual-compound "medium" or "medium soft" tires just for kicks...see how they fare, how long they last, etc....
                            There is absolutely NO reason to run the Race version on the street. The Powers are more than enough for 150 hp. I'd say there's a good chance that you wouldn't be able to put enough heat in them on the street for them to actually stick any better than the Powers anyway.

You'd be paying a lot more for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by WildKat
                              Were you knee-down?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Well lets just say I wasnt quite draggin a knee that night but a few times it was hard to see the turns in the road, even going slower than the speed limit and they sneek up on you sometimes like that so I was leaning pretty far for those conditions.. not a skip, slide, or anything..

Comment

Working...
                              X