X

tire balancing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire balancing ?

who here, if anyone, has used this for tire balancing? i seem to remember Mojoe using something like this, but i couldn't find anything about it through a search. this looks interesting, but they don't say anything about motorcycle tires.

Yeah, it was mojoe that swore by his balancing powder stuff, although it doesn't sound like the same product. I'd still be concerned if the inside of your tire has ridges, patterns, etc., like some of the tires I've bought over the years (can't recall which ones had it any more). If you're motivated, it might be a good time to shoot an email out to all the motorcycle tire companies and get their opinion on the stuff?

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just as a follow-up, i called Michelin today. they told me that the pilot powers are good enough to not require balancing, just line up the dot with the valve and go. they also said the dyna beads probably wouldn't do any harm, but aren't necessary.

Comment

The DynaBeads people are sending me a number of their packages & items to test out, and I will evaluate them. I'll be asking Metzeler's US rep to get in the process as well, so I'll have full-loop analysis.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X