X

pre 98 tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 98 tires

well my front tire has been slowley loosing air sence i bought it. so today i put some soapy water on it and found it had been pluged. yea i know your never soppose to do that on a bike tire. so what size should i be looking for and what kind should i get? its the front one by the way.

Re: pre 98 tires

Originally posted by lucky6man
    well my front tire has been slowley loosing air sence i bought it. so today i put some soapy water on it and found it had been pluged. yea i know your never soppose to do that on a bike tire. so what size should i be looking for and what kind should i get? its the front one by the way.
    (A) Bias tires can normally be plugged. Radials shouldn't. Either way, the plug is leaking, so it's time for new ones. I recommend Metzeler Z6 120/70ZR17 front, Z6 150/70ZR17 rear for the pre-98's (I'm going to have to try the Pirelli Diablo Stradas soon to compare them). The Metzeler Z6's last well, are sharp, handle well, and do well in the rain. The only time you might want to really consider something stickier is if you rail significantly (knee down) in dry weather areas, in which case you need to install a 98+ rear wheel to permit safe mounting of a Pirelli Diablo (not Diablo Strada) since the smallest size it comes in is a 160/60ZR17.

(B) Search... you'll find a dozen other threads discussing the merits and draw backs of various tires on the pre-98's...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Plenty of articles on this. I recently went through this (for my '97 600) ..... and ended up staying with stock sizes ..... for various reasons.

Like CyberPoet says, you can search for the posts .....

Comment

Working...
      X