X

Speed, Style, Performance, Comfort, Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed, Style, Performance, Comfort, Price

Rank these 1-5 as you take them into consideration when you bought your current bike or bikes you've bought in the past.

Price is a big one for me, simply becuz of just not being able to spend all that much at the time when I got my Kat. But I still wanted bang for the buck in all the categories. Fortunately, the Kat fell into my lap, and everything was all good.

Mine was Price and Comfort as my top selections. Then came the Style. The rest fall in line tehre somewhere.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Price - $K$ set me up with a deal I couldn't refuse

Performance - Had a 600 previously and was ready more power.

Style - I've almost always chosen vehicles that weren't main stream. Looking for a classic wagon now as a matter of fact.

Comfort - ridden a few other bikes shortly but the Kats just seem to fit me well. No back aches, no groin aches, no knee aches and I feel like I am part of the bike when I ride it, not just a dork hanging on for dear life.

Speed - It's a bike of course it's fast even if it is a little slow by bike standards. When the road is right and my head is clear there is nothing like a buck+ to blow away all the "soul garbage" and give that thrill that makes you realize that life is fragile and all your problems are really meaningless. This is the same feeling I get at 40 on a back road all alone in the deep middle of nowhere too so it's not going fast or slow, it's just going and being on 2 wheels.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

performance, the v-twin doesn't have to be wound up to make power

price, i couldn't say no

comfort, i love the upright "dirt bike" feel of the SV, and my butt thanks me for the gel seat

style, most people think it's ugly that's why i love it!

speed, 100+ on a naked bike is kinda scary

Comment

Re: Speed, Style, Performance, Comfort, Price

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
          Ranks these 1-5 as you take them into consideration when you bought your current bike or bikes you've bought in the past.

Speed: subjective - top comfortable cruising speed is much more critical to me than acceleration or absolute top speed. 4 to 5
          Style: subjective. 2.5 to 5.
          Performance: 3 to 4 (is this acceleration, handling, what?)
          Comfort: 4.5 to 5. I won't buy an uncomfortable bike for the same reasons I wouldn't buy underwear 3 sizes too small.
          Price: subjective. Affordable at the time (meaning I could afford to pay for them flat-out in cash, thus they had to have some dollar cap that matched my wallet's capabilities): 5

The first bike wasn't fast, but was new and cheap (thus reliable and cost-effective). $2200 for a brand new Honda CB450 Custom, a few years old, still new-in-box. Top speed 88 mph, but it could pop wheelies and hold them all day long. It took me across much of the southeast in great comfort.

The second permanent bike was a cruiser -- Honda Shadow 700. Ample acceleration, decent comfort up to about 90 mph, but a pain on hands after an hour or so because of the vibration levels. Had looks, and was cost effective at the time (wish in retrospect I had picked something else instead). Took me through a couple hurricanes but never out of the state...

The third permanent bike was a brand new Kat 600, I don't need to say the qualifications. 28k miles in 27 months with no regrets. Or should I say I loved it enough that the fourth permanent bike was the same -- another Kat, a year newer (and 26.5k miles less on the odo).

In between there have been temporary bikes I rode for a month or two, but I'm not counting the bikes I didn't keep for at least a year... They obviously don't count, since I didn't like them enough to keep them "permanently".

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, that is a lot of miles.

Just remember though, I am not rubbing your arse if you iron butt it to the Gap. I'll leave that to Range or Corey.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              Cyber, that is a lot of miles.

Just remember though, I am not rubbing your arse if you iron butt it to the Gap. I'll leave that to Range or Corey.
              I rode to and from the rally last year... 3k miles in 10 days total, 630 miles to, another 630 fro, and the rest at the gap (mostly on the skyway & surrounding areas). Got a corbin -- don't nobody need to rub (or kiss) my arse... unless Batgirl or someone equally cute just happens to want to.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comfort-1

Style-2

Performance-3

Price-4

Speed-5
                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

1) Price
                  2)Comfort
                  3) Performance
                  4)Speed
                  5)Style I prefer the oldschool bikes myself

Sadly something that needs to be added to the list, at least those of us living in Canada, especially Ontario the last 2 years is Insurance costs.
                  Kyle

Comment

badbilly gets a 10 in all catagories

Comment

You had to pay for badbilly ??

Comment

I'd say price first. If you can't afford it, you ain't buyin' it.

Performance comes second. Sportriding is what I like to do, and the bike has to perform how I want it to. Speed falls under the umbrella of performance, so I won't consider that separately.

Next is style. I want my bike to be a pleasure to look at. This is mainly to make me happy, rather than having it appeal to others.

Comfort... Luckily, I'm not old enough to get achy on my R1, so I suppose I'm easy to please. Plus, spending hours on the highway isn't something I'm too into at this point in my riding career.
                        '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          What about me ? I'm riding all the way to the gap, will you rub my bum bum ??

Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                          Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

So how long and cold ARE the winters up there in Canadia ? Must be lonely , too .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comfort. Style . Price . Speed.

Comfort. Was only bike low enough for me to touch feet well im 5' 5''. Seat felt nice. Didnt dig into thighs like GSX-Rs. I didnt lean over as far.

Style. I wanted a sportbike with full fairing.I just like that look better than say the SV's or completely open look.

Price. Wasnt worried about the price really until they ran my credit. I apparently have great credit but not enough.they approved me for $5500 at first. Bike out the door was $7200. So with a co-signer the sales guy asked for $7500 ( so i could get some gear too) and was approved. I dont know if he would have asked for more , if i would have gotten, but didnt matter cause i wanted no other bike.

Speed.All motorcycles are fast compared to most cars. i didnt want to sacrifice anything just for alittle more. Im happy with how my bike handles and performs.
                              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Working...
                              X