X

gas mileage and some others

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas mileage and some others

can anyone tell me the approx gas mileage they get/think i would get on a 2003 kat 600. could you also give "riding" style with it. ie: aggresive, etc.

while on the topic. when does everyone change their oil?

changed it first 600 miles..then 1500 then 5000miles. As for gas mileage. I get roughly 50-54MPG. My riding style is pretty much cruising when not mostly blasting off the line at least as much as a KAT can blast.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

thanks for the info...now every how many miles do you change oil?

just wantin to know so when i go ride it for the first time i know a rough ballpark as to what i'm lookin at mile wise for gas. thanks

Comment

Ditto on mileage, around 50 or so, change my oil every 2000 miles.
        2000 Kat 600
        "Fast Blue"
        Pic in Profile

Comment

i own a 2004 kat 600 and get around 40-46 depends on how aggressive i am riding that day.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
            i own a 2004 kat 600 and get around 40-46 depends on how aggressive i am riding that day.
            +1 on my 2003 600

Comment

My last tank I got 37mpg , and that was pretty high for me . Usual is about 33mpg . But my bike is far from stock and always seems to be having problems .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

MD, is you bike a woman, sure does sound like it!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

i never fill up all the way....so...i dunno. but when i ride in the summer everyday, i usually put in 5 bucks every other day.
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I average about 48 miles per gallon. I change my oil 3 to 4 times a year. First one being in the spring, then usually every 2500 miles.

Comment

also depends on the climate too..for example if u winterize your bike, even if u dont get 2000 miles on it in the riding season, u'd still wanna change it at some point during the offseason too.

I ride hard alot of the time, so if I make 47 miles per gallon, im estastic !!

Comment

i get 100 miles for every full tank and its a 5 gallon tank so thats bout 20 miles to a gallon

Comment

thats it..100 miles ?? geez u must ride hard!

Comment

My Wife's 02 600 gets 40-45

My 00 750 gets 45-50

Oddly enough, the 750's get better mileage than the 600's.
                            Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

If I ride 70 - 80 on the interstate, I get 43 - 48 mpg. I rarely go that slow, and average 31 - 34 mpg normally.

Oil changes:
                              When: Always on a Tuesday...
                              Just teasing...
                              New - 20 miles, 100 miles, 300 miles, 600 miles (with filter at 600). This, smearing dielectric grease in the electrical connections, and the initial valve adjustment at 600 miles are the most critical things you can do to make sure the bike lives to be a very ripe old age.
                              After that, every 3500 as per the manual, or more often if it's been a while (if I do 3500 in a week, then 3500; if it takes a few months, I usually change it at 2800 - 3100).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              (who logged 280 miles today)
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X