X

OFF/RUN/OFF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF/RUN/OFF

does anyone know if i need this for inspection, or can i just wire it through?

hhhmm, might depend on who you take it too..to be honest. Some stations, depending on who you know and what kinda day they are having, might like it go.

BTW.. cool avatar!

Comment

well, that sounds like a big ol' "DO IT" to me. got the rest re-wired today, and all that's left is a momentary for the electric foot. i suppose i can grease some palms, should it come to that.

Comment

Inspections, We don't have them any more. And I don't miss them at all!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Same here. Don't miss inspections one bit.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Whats wrong w/ PA.. why do we gotta be so freekin stringent all the time. I swear the DOT thinks they are God or something!

Comment

No inspections in Oklahoma, we just have turnpikes all over the freakin state.
              2000 Kat 600
              "Fast Blue"
              Pic in Profile

Comment

No inspections in Georgia for a long time now. It was a waste of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  Whats wrong w/ PA.. why do we gotta be so freekin stringent all the time. I swear the DOT thinks they are God or something!
                  Money maker for the state or city...
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

NONE in Arizona or Ohio!! WTF, does PA have state taxes or don't they? Hmmmm!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I don't know if you can rewire the kill switch to ignore it, but my advice is NOT TO. If the switch is bad, get another from eBay or a parts vendor (SpecialK perhaps). There are times that switch can save your life, such as if you get a bike fire in motion (killing the engine kills the vacuum to the petcock, in turn shutting off the fuel supply).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        I don't know if you can rewire the kill switch to ignore it, but my advice is NOT TO. If the switch is bad, get another from eBay or a parts vendor (SpecialK perhaps). There are times that switch can save your life, such as if you get a bike fire in motion (killing the engine kills the vacuum to the petcock, in turn shutting off the fuel supply).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Ummm, yeah, what he said!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

the reason i asked is because i had to upgrade all wiring. threw on a universal switch assembly that pretty much handles everything. my old stock assembly had the elec. start and kill switch built into the throttle assembly housing, but i'm adding a new throttle that has no switches. figured i'd come up with a momentary pushbutton to mount somewhere for the starter, but didn't know if i legally had to have the kill switch. i know from experience that it's a smart thing to have, but i figured i could get around it.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                            NONE in Arizona or Ohio!! WTF, does PA have state taxes or don't they? Hmmmm!
                            do we have state tax..well of course we do, its PA.. we tax everything from gas to ur first born !

Comment

today, i was able to re-wire the old assembly, so come april, i'll be hitting the road with all of my safety features.

* and the reason Pa has inspections is that they need all that money to keep our roads in such great shape... :^o

Comment

Working...
                              X