X

sooo cold but sooo worth it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooo cold but sooo worth it

yea, i just did it. i went out for the first time. it was awsome. i only rode about 5-10 minutes, but man....i really needed that. i finished putting everything back together, and i just had to ride. it wasn't too bad. maybe about 40 or so. but i didn't let the cold get to me (i went slow)
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

40 ?? geez, that's like a heat wave round here these days! I road in that a few weeks ago, it was great !!!

glad you got to put some miles on the beast today !!!

Comment

Yeah Its gonna be 45 here tommorrow. Warmest day since december. I plan to ride for an hour or so if the streets clear enough.
      '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Don't worry steve, I heard from my aunt in Ohio that the weekend is going to be like in the 50's.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Yup , 50 today , almost 60 tomorrw ! And 40's not so bad if you dress appropriately .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I regularly ride in the 20s when I commute to work in the mornings. Just installed heated grips, which will be nice. When I have the right clothes on (I wear JR Phoenix pants and a FirstGear Speed jacket), it isn't bad.

Comment

It was 58 here yesterday breaking all kinds of records. And just as warm today. Unfortunately my battery was toast. I jumped it from the car knowing I'd have to get a new one anyway and rode into work, but I played the "can you pick me up" game after work as it was dead again. Since I'm working again today I'm debating running up and getting a new battery and taking a nice quick ride later before putting it back in storage.

Kanati

My current ride of choice

Comment

i plan on riding here in a bit....43 right now and tomorrow even warmer. so, needless to say, i'll be riding tomorrow too.

www.vwvortex.com
                I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Yeah, I bit the bullet and pulled the kitty out this past monday and took it around the block several times. Grand total of 31 degrees, but for some reason, I didn't really notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                    It was 58 here yesterday breaking all kinds of records. And just as warm today. Unfortunately my battery was toast. I jumped it from the car knowing I'd have to get a new one anyway and rode into work, but I played the "can you pick me up" game after work as it was dead again. Since I'm working again today I'm debating running up and getting a new battery and taking a nice quick ride later before putting it back in storage.

Kanati
                    Uh , why didn't you just bump-start it ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad that you got out and had a little ride, was a great weekend for it...:P
                      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

man, let me tell you. it was a great weekend for the first ride of the year. it was still wet out in places and thus making my bike VERY VERY dirty, but thats ok, it gives me an excuse to spend time cleaning and throwing a coat of mothers wax on i rode satruday and sunday. my buddy however failed to realize that on new tires, they have this coating on them and you have to be really really careful riding on them. and pulling off his street (tire wet from the road) he pulled out a little quick and low sided. hes ok, but learned a lesson. so this is just a reminder to everyone that on the first ride of the season, be careful. you haven't been on for a while, and it might take a block or two to get back into the swing of things. and be careful if you have new tires. theres my safety talk for the day. enjoy the rides
                        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Working...
                        X