X

What is the differance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the differance?

What is the Differance in the Mikuni RS 38 carbs used for the 88-92 Gixxer 1100, and the Mikuni BSR 36 carbs used on the 98+750 besides the 2 mm?

Also, do you think the 2mm would make much of a differance if I could get them to bolt on?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

The RS 38's are flat slides right?
    Not CVs like the BSR.
    The configuration is way different.
    But I'm not a carb guy. I think fitment might cause some headaches..

Comment

The 2mm difference is significant, because the smaller the opening, the higher the air velocity through the opening, which provides a benefit for how high the compression ratio runs (imagine faster fuel-air mix can be crammed in harder before the intake valve closes).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So you're saying that with a properly matched carb the charge in the chamber is above ATM (760Torr)?

So adding 36mm carbs is only a benefit in conjuction with head work or higher compression pistons..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          So you're saying that with a properly matched carb the charge in the chamber is above ATM (760Torr)?
          Yes. For more info, read the January issue of TWO at your local bookstore, which explains the details far better than I'd delve into.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks Cyber. I will just have to track down a set of carbs for it then.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X