Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

desperate for aftermarket carb advice !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desperate for aftermarket carb advice !!!

Have you , or could you refer me to someone who has ever experienced the thrill of replacing the stock carbs on a 1990 GSX1100F with after market? So far every model Ive tryed hits the frame rails , and I just recieved an email from someone who said the Mikuni 36mm's and the keihins both did the same thing on his. I hate the CV's and would LOVE to get away from them. I'm looking for new carbs and any insight or leads someone might have. Thank you in advance! Rob Lewis

please email me at [email protected]

"I hate the CV's and would LOVE to get away from them."

Please explain, the CV's are probably the best for rideability factor. I understand the race performance of the mechanical's but would not want to ride a bike everday with them.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I am going to have a 1100 engine soon, and I will need carbs as well, so if you find a place to get them from, please let me know!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

let me rephrase that

hate THIS set of CV's and if they are all like this , well you see my point he he he

I can not tune them to save my life, get one end of the scale done something changes on the other. Parts are ridiculous and hard to come by except with the red S on the label w/ a part #. ( dealer ) and then not in stock and order from japan. ( the entire bike is like that ( 1990))

We have a GS 1150 E prostreet in the 8's with keihins we can tune in our sleep. Please understand, I put this basket case together back to factory stock ( except with the carbs running weird) layed it down a block from my house ( doing something STUPID) and now I'm trying to build a radical looking sport tourer ( like a pro-tourer he he he ) Anyway its been a frustrating road. It will be a bike night and test n tune type bike, not a road bike , or long tripper. Im a 40 yr old UPSMAN that would like to put a set of carbs on her that I can deal with. The ONLy reason I started on this one to start with is the way she sits.......man there isnt another bike out there that sits like the BigKat . At 40 I love the rocket look, but I just cant stay all scruntched up like that.

Comment

Ivan is the man to talk to about any carb's. You should PM him. Sounds like you have been using a Dyno to make adjustments, in that case, yes, you will have the topend adjustment affect bottom end. Fuel Injection is the best out there but is the hardest to Dyno tune. The slightest change on the map in one area can change everything.
          GS1150e, Awesome ride!
          I am still looking for my Big Kat!!
          I, myself am a little old school, I am not the best at the twisties so I prefer the Drag style.

If you are not using it as a road bike then GO FOR IT!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
          X