Motion Pro Carb Tune Directions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Pro Carb Tune Directions

Amateur Hour...

Do I put the balancing tubes on each carb before turning the bike over or while still running (all after warming up of course)?

I found the easiest way was to let the carbs warm up, then turn the bike off, and then tune away.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Ok, I am just messing with you. I beleive you are supposed to let the bike warm up. Tune 1 and 3, then 2 and 4, then 2 and 3 together.

I think anyways.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

best info i've found on Kat carbs, he used to be on KP.

Comment

Warm up the bike , shut it down , attach all tubes to their respective carbs , restart (DON'T clip the throttle , up the idle screw instead) . Now balance away ! Do 3 to 4 , then 1 to 2 , then left pair to right pair . Did mine in less than 5 minutes , so I don't think we even needed the fan , and that was my first time ever doing it (it's cake , in other words) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

KatDan has it all right, if you go to that site. Md86 is right about how much time it takes. It takes alot more time to get all the plastics off to get to the carbs than it does to do the job at hand.
            Awesome find KatDan!!! I also think CyberPoet might have a how to on carb sync?
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You took your plastics off ? I didn't need to , just loosened them a bit !

Comment

Md86-I remove the main fairings and the tank To do a carb sync. I also get some cleaning done while I have things apart.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Yeah ? I just try to do what's necesarry to get back on the road , so I don't really mess around with much beyond the reason I've gotten out my tools in the first place . If I'm feeling froggy and am not riding , I might clean up or mess with something that's not entirely needed at the time , but that's when I tend to break stuff !

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions...I have a Motion Pro Aux Tank and Carb Sync now so will update this thread soon....

(Future question might be....How to get mercury out of your engine? )

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      Yeah ? I just try to do what's necesarry to get back on the road , so I don't really mess around with much beyond the reason I've gotten out my tools in the first place . If I'm feeling froggy and am not riding , I might clean up or mess with something that's not entirely needed at the time , but that's when I tend to break stuff !
                      I don't worry about ride time being here in Phoenix. Being is the only time the bike gets cleaned is when something needs done to it. I take a day or two and the time to clean and fix whatever.
                      Are you getting snow right now?
                      Q:How to get mercury out of your engine?
                      A: DON'T USE MERCURY SYNC!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

Use tranny fluid instead. Although I think the mercury will burn too.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                          I also think CyberPoet might have a how to on carb sync?
                          Not me... It'll be in the book, but it's not on the websites. I hook up the sync tool (Morgan CarbSync II), start the bike, let it run til warm, tweak the idle thumbwheel to the right RPM, then have at the adjuster screws. When done, I readjust the thumbwheel downward. It's a cake-walk, especially compared to getting everything else out of the way.

TIP: You can put a gas can on a shelf or a ladder and route hose to the fuel filter if you don't have purpose-specific fuel container for sync'ing. The path just needs to be downhill a bit (gravity feed), and you need to such a bit of gas thru the tube before you start to get it going.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

How much for the Katana Bible, Cyber? I can't wait, how much longer for the top selling Katana book. We all are patiently waiting. <smile>
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              How much for the Katana Bible, Cyber? I can't wait, how much longer for the top selling Katana book. We all are patiently waiting. <smile>
                              I suspect at least a month; my new target is Valentine's day. My other half was off of school for most of the month of December, and helping her with her portfolio (trying to get accepted to the master's program for architecture) done as well as other obligations put me way behind schedule. SpecialK also has some stuff that he's supposed to be proof-reading right now, but I haven't heard back from him (I sent him the dictionary/glossary first)... It's also run longer than I expected (I'm over 200 pages already and just getting into the mods section); pricing will be set when I have a page-count finalized, so I know what it will cost me to print it/bind it/ship it/etc. I'm shooting for somewhere under $40.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X