X

97 Kat 600 Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Kat 600 Exhaust

Need to put a full exhaust on my bike, somebody told me 98+ will work with a little mod to belly pan can somebody tell me is this true or any other tips will be appreciated. Would really like to put a full yosh system on!
    THINK I CHEAT? MAYBE YOU JUST SUCK!

YOu can get a V&H SS2R full system or a D&D full system. YOU might get luck and find some yosh full systems taht are used but other than that is your choices. YOU probally could use the 98+ but I have not done that. Just easier to get the D&D or the V&H one. You will have to cut your belly pan either way..
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Was that me?

With the V & H Supersport series there are NO adjustments at all. Bolt up & go!

With the SS2R - same thing.

D & D systems require you to remove the center stand.

Yosh - they no longer make a system for the early Kats, so used is the only way to go with these.....when & if you can find a good used one.
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Didn't you say that you have to drop the exaust to change the oil with the V&H , though ? Something about it blocking access to the drain bolt ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can still get at it.................even worst case I've seen I could still use a wrench, just not a ratchet.

I did have one here Matt that was a home made jury rigged systems of various parts............the collector was RIGHT UP AGAINST the oil drain nut! (I pried it down a bit then open end wrenched it)
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

You could always swap the oil pan out for a 98+ as well. No more clearance problems.

Comment

Working...
            X