X

Bad plugs..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad plugs..

Ok, so fill me in on this, ..thanks to Dennis and several others, i've got this whole ignition advancer thing down pretty good now..but in the case of my kat, with bad plugs, or when it had bad plugs...if poor plugs can contribute to poor starting consistency when its cold..why do they work better when its warmed up.

a warm engine requires less energy to ignite the air/fuel mixture, plus when it is warm, the "dry" plugs spark better

Comment

even when they are fouled up? ok..thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
        depends on how they are fouled...carbon? Oil deposits? soot? unburnt fuel?

Comment

octane of gas can foul plugs correct as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            depends on how they are fouled...carbon? Oil deposits? soot? unburnt fuel?
            Well aren't we a wealth of knowledge these days!

Comment

yeah, in between the range bashing on here..he's pretty good ! seriously though, thanks for the info man, keep it coming..

Comment

Maybe the fall off his bike knocked some extra brain cells loose????
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Here's the why...

Spark plugs are designed to be self-cleaning, like some ovens, burning off excess build-up once they hit their ideal temp range. Where this ideal temp range occurs is a part of the temperature aspect of a spark plug (i.e. - hot plugs vs. cold plugs). Thus, on a hot bike, the plugs should be burning off fouling better than they would be on a cold bike, and this would make the bike easier to start.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X