Hello, FNG living in Houston Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, FNG living in Houston Texas

Hey guys,

I'm a new kid around here. I wanted to just introduce myself and get to know a few of ya. I'm 34 living outside Houston, Texas. Work in the Air Force, have a wife, no kids, and a yellow lab.

I'm fairly new to riding (~3k miles now). The punishing Houston summer is over, so now I'm looking forward to riding again. Of course, my Kat sat all Summer long (yes, I know it's the opposite down here.. damn HEAT!) Anyway, she didn't fire up, so time for a carb clean! Gonna do it myself, to show my girl that I love her. She'll probably still end up at a pros shop, but I can show that I care enough to try.

Thanks for reading. Hope to meet a few of you.

--Brandon Lawler

welcome to KR!

LOL...I live up north in Canada and I am still complaining of the heat we have here right now...It's end of September and we are 28 deg C (83 F)
    I can't imagine what it would be like to live in the south...I'm a fan of 50 degF - 65 deg F anything over is too hot!

Comment

Welcome to Kr... good luck with the carbs and check out the carbs101 post

Comment

Thanks guys. I did read the Carb 101 post, that post gave me the courage to do it myself. It could end up being an epic fail, but I'd like to learn if anything.

Canada.... mmmmmm nice.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

welcome bro.

Comment

welcome to the addiction! My wife is all P.O.ed at me right now for spending more time on the kat than with her...
                You will enjoy the carb removal/breakdown. good luck
                "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Welcome! What part of Houston are you in? Down by Ellington Field/NASA?
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome from dallas, and you should read carbs 102 for an 06 kat not 101.
                    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to Kr! on the carbs102
                      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          Welcome! What part of Houston are you in? Down by Ellington Field/NASA?
                          Exactly. Ellington Field. Just a guard base, but I'm content.

Comment

Welcome from far West Texas...punishing summer over for you in Houston? Would you please tell the wizards of weather out here that it's over for me? We had 99 degrees yesterday. I spent all summer in the mountains of Colorado and have been back here for a little over a month and this hot weather has me feeling like the Mummy!:bunny2:bunny2:bunny2

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome from far West Texas...punishing summer over for you in Houston? Would you please tell the wizards of weather out here that it's over for me? We had 99 degrees yesterday. I spent all summer in the mountains of Colorado and have been back here for a little over a month and this hot weather has me feeling like the Mummy!:bunny2:bunny2:bunny2

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X