PDA

View Full Version : Track Day at Roebling Road

noodle
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to a BMW club event at Roebling Road (Savannah, GA) for a track school day. It was awesome! I rode my ZZR1200 there and while it's not the best track bike, I did pretty well. No times to report so I must not have been that fast.

My friend Doug, on the same type bike, was kicking serious a$$ out there and was passing most of the advanced class. There were notable exceptions, including a v-4 $83K Ducati and two 1098's.

Our lead instructor was Nate Kern (www.natekern.com) and he's a very good guy for these track events. He was riding his BMW of Atlanta HP2 and also brought one of the new BMW 4-cylinder liter bikes. He was doing some testing and hitting speeds in the 160's on the 3100 foot straight.

I had a great time and hope to make more of these events.

jeremy_nash
11-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm sure you had a blast! the guy that totaled his bmw at that event is a good friend of mine. nate had another track-day there in october, that I went to with my friend, and he wrecked his sv650. the sv turned out alot better than the bmw, but he was in alot worse shape

KAT TOY
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
how bad is the pavement now? my last motorcycle race was there in 1984. found out that i was faster than my skills and lowsided in turn 3. thank goodness for Bates leathers. had sense enough to quit racing. was fun!!!:katwheelie:

jeremy_nash
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
it was good when I was there in october, but it was also my first ever trackday, so take that for what its worth.